Thursday, June 19, 2014

Thursday night Softball

I have, in the last couple of years, started playing regular softball with a great group of guys.  We started out ok.  Mainly we were just having fun and getting together.  The team has definitely come into shape over the last couple of years.  Each season we drop some guys who maybe aren't good enough and add replacements that are a definite improvement.  Leading us to being better and better each year.  The first year I was with the team we lost way more than we won.  Got a little better last year.  And now this year we are currently 10-2 and sitting in second place in our division.  Not too shabby.  By far the most important part, though, is the camaraderie with the guys.  It's great to get out there with the guys every Thursday night and play a little softball, talk a little smack on each other and drink a couple of cold beers.

Tonight was rough on me.  In the second inning of the first game (it's a double header league) my right calf cramped up on me something fierce.  Running and lateral movement was definitely affected.  Then in the second game I took a hard grounder off the inside of my right knee.  For a couple of innings, I had purple lightning bolts in the shape of a softball's stitching on my knee.  Suffice it to say, I will be moving with a little hitch in my giddy-up tomorrow.  Not looking forward to it.  The bright side is we went 2-0 and my wife and kids were able to take in both games.

Luckily my "warm-up" workout today was deadlifts and military presses.  Not sure how deadlifts would have gone down tomorrow after tonight's events.  Tomorrow is bench and row.  Looking forward to it.

397 days remain . . . . .

No comments:

Post a Comment